5 Important Facts About Epoxy Flooring
Epoxy flooring is a popular flooring for garages. This is because epoxy flooring is strong, durable, and flexible making it the perfect flooring type for a garage space that is both used for parking cars and as a workstation. If you still aren't sure about epoxy flooring for your garage, here are five important facts about it that may change your mind:
- Epoxy Resins Make it Strong: Epoxy flooring has what is called epoxy resin, which is what makes the flooring so strong and durable. The resins are what helps the coating to stick so well. The coating and resins working together is what makes the flooring waterproof, fire resistant, and more. The resins are what protects the flooring from a large number of damages that are especially common in to happen in the garage where many dangerous things are stored.
- Enhance Durability with Other Materials: You don't just have to use epoxy flooring when you have it installed in the garage. You can also install other materials combined with the epoxy flooring, such as acrylics, which can give the flooring color, as well as an extra layer of protection.
- Epoxy Flooring is Used in Industrial Settings: Perhaps the most comforting fact is that epoxy flooring is used in industrial settings where heavy machinery is used to ensure that the flooring can withstand it. Based on this fact alone, you can ensure that the flooring can definitely withstand whatever kind of work you plan on doing in the garage in the future.
- Easier to Maintain: Since epoxy flooring is waterproof, you can ensure that you won't have to deal with any large water damages in the garage should something overflow, such as the washer. You can also be sure that spills will be easy to clean up since they won't soak into the flooring. Sweeping is also easy to do since the flooring is so smooth, which is important in the garage since this area accumulates dirt quickly.
- Resists Stains: Oil stains from cars is the biggest concern in the garage. To ensure that the flooring in your garage avoids these stains, epoxy flooring is the best option. It will resist these stains for a number of years before it ever needs to be replaced. This is especially true if you continue to get the flooring resurfaced with epoxy coating every once in a while.
By knowing these important facts about epoxy flooring, you can be sure that it is the best choice for your garage. For further assistance, contact professionals, such as those from The Carolina Floor Project.